Day 7: Love believes the best

10 21 16

Love believes all things, hopes all things. —1 Corinthians 13:7

TODAY’S DARE
For today’s dare, get two sheets of paper. On the first one, spend a few minutes writing out positive things about your spouse. Then do the same with negative things on the second sheet. Place both sheets in a secret place for another day. There is a different purpose and plan for each. At some point during the remainder of the day, pick a positive attribute from the first list and thank your spouse for having this characteristic.

Journal Questions: Which list was easier to make? What did this reveal about your thoughts? What attribute did you think your spouse for having?

My responses
The Negative things list was easier to make because there are a lot of things broken and our relationship. There are a lot of things that I wish were in the positive column.

What it revealed about my thoughts is: I have a lot more unhappy and negative things to focus on then positive things. It also revealed that Steve has a lot of work to do in order to put our relationship in the place that it should be. I find myself more frustrated going through this love dare because I'm doing the majority of the things and have been already.

I thanked him for allowing me to rescue animals during therapy last week and for allowing me to buy the things that we need for this house without question.

Positive: Works hard
Good provider
Allows me to spend money without questioning me
helpful to outsiders
handsome
desires to be healthy
Flexible with work guys
Financially pays for children, ex-wife and mother-in-law
Helps ex-mother-in-law
Is trying to learn how to fix things with the car
Allows me to rescue and rehome animals
Is a work in progress
Likes the music I like and going to music shows

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fireproof - The Love Dare

Fireproof - The Love Dare
DVD & workbook (left) and The Love Dare Book (right)