Day 4: Love is thoughtful

10/18/16

How precious also are Your thoughts to me. How vast is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand. —Psalm 139:17–18

TODAY’S DARE
Contact your spouse sometime during the business of the day. Have no agenda other than asking how he or she is doing and if there is anything you could do for them.

Journal questions: What did you learn about yourself or your spouse by doing this today? How could this become a more natural, routine, and genuinely helpful part of your lifestyle?

My responses: It already is. I didn't do this Love Dare today because I am consumed in sadness over the loss of my birds from several days ago. He has offered no support, has not even checked in with me to see if I was ok. I am trying to rise above this, but I cannot (right now). I feel all alone.

Several days later on a Sat I did this Love Dare. I checked in on him several times on text asking how he was doing. A situation arose with his son and inappropriate cell phone use and activities. He was very upset by it, surprised and hurt. I also made it clear how proud I was of him for how he handled it (taking my advice to remain calm and speak clearly)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fireproof - The Love Dare

Fireproof - The Love Dare
DVD & workbook (left) and The Love Dare Book (right)