Day 20: Love is Jesus Christ

11/3/16

While we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. —Romans 5:6

TODAY’S DARE
Dare to take God at His Word. Dare to trust Jesus Christ for salvation. Dare to pray, “Lord Jesus, I’m a sinner. But You have shown Your love for me by dying to forgive my sins, and You have proven Your power to save me from death by Your resurrection. Lord, change my heart, and save me by Your grace.”

Journal Questions:
Write about what this experience has been like for you. Even if you are only renewing your commitment to receive an express his love, what has He shown you today?

My responses:
I said this prayer for the first time Aug 9, 1999. It was like a seed was planted in my heart and I watered it, I tended it. I sought after God's heart to change my life from what it was. I immersed myself in Worship CD's and did every Bible Study I could get my hands on. I became a Born Again Christian and I became single and celibate for the next 5 years. I dated B and became pregnant. After I had Zachary, I again remained Celibate and did not date again until 8 years later.

What he has shown me today is that He is proud of me. I have changed, I have put in the work, the effort, the investment. I have shown my loyalty, even though I had my rough patches of back sliding. My son knows the Lord, he is invested, he prays. I am a good Teacher of His word and a good witness with my life. I am a blessing to others in His name and I am bearing good fruits. Most importantly, I stand firm on His word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fireproof - The Love Dare

Fireproof - The Love Dare
DVD & workbook (left) and The Love Dare Book (right)