Day 3: Love is not selfish

10/17/16

Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor. —Romans 12:10

TODAY’S DARE

Whatever you put your time, energy, and money into will become more important to you. It’s hard to care for something you are not investing in. Along with restraining from negative comments, buy your spouse something that says, “I was thinking of you today.”

Journal questions: What did you choose as the gift for your spouse? What happened when you gave it to them? What was their response?

My responses: I bought his favorite Devil Dogs and Cookies. He's come to expect treats and was not surprised. I very often bring back something for him. clothes, treats, anything he needs to show him I'm thinking of him.

Also, I convinced him to buy the Bruins tickets for him and his son, rather than taking me--as an unselfish act, by putting his son's happiness above mine. I know it's more important for his son to go than me, because he'll enjoy it more. But, nonetheless a selfish person would go regardless just to have the dinner and a night out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fireproof - The Love Dare

Fireproof - The Love Dare
DVD & workbook (left) and The Love Dare Book (right)