Day 17: Love promotes intimacy

10/31/16

He who covers over an offense promotes love, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends. —Proverbs 17:9 NIV

TODAY’S DARE
Determine to guard your mate’s secrets (unless they are dangerous to them or to you) and to pray for them. Talk with your spouse, and resolve to demonstrate love in spite of these issues. Really listen to them when they share personal thoughts and struggles with you. Make them feel safe.

Journal Questions:
Given that the safer people feel, the more they open up, what does this say about your marriage in the past? How hard is it for you to listen and hold back from saying something, critical or otherwise? What have you learned about your spouse today, simply from listening?

My responses:
I did half of this. I've never told his Secrets and I don't gossip. I prayed today, as I always do, for his priorities, his relationship, his future wife, his fathehood.
We don't really communicate; whether it's good or bad. He doesn't share many things with me for me to practice this. But, when he does tell me things and/or secrets I am always engaging, encouraging, edifying and supportive. I try to use godly correction according to God's word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fireproof - The Love Dare

Fireproof - The Love Dare
DVD & workbook (left) and The Love Dare Book (right)