Day 19: Love is impossible

11/2/16

Let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. —1 John 4:7

TODAY’S DARE
Look back over the dares from previous days. Were there some that seemed impossible to you? Have you realized your need for God to change your heart and to give you the ability to love? Ask Him to show you where you stand with Him, and ask for the strength and grace to settle your eternal destination.

Journal Questions:
What do you believe God is saying to you? Is this a stirring in your heart? What decision have you made in response to this?

My responses:
None of the days were "impossible" however, the first couple were hard only because it was when I gave the birds away and Steve was so cold and distant. This is how he has been most of our relationship. I pressed and loved unconditionally (regardless if he deserved it or not) So, I am now growing weary because there is still (after 3 years) very little reciprocation. What is stirring in my heart isn't a good thought. I recognize the difference between God's command to "love unconditionally" and love being agape or romantic. I can love him unconditionally, but I don't feel the romantic love very much anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fireproof - The Love Dare

Fireproof - The Love Dare
DVD & workbook (left) and The Love Dare Book (right)