Day 31: Love and marriage

11/14/16

A man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. —Genesis 2:24

TODAY’S DARE
Is there a “leaving” issue you haven’t been brave enough to conquer yet? Confess it to your spouse today, and resolve to make it right. The oneness of your marriage is dependent upon it. Follow this with a commitment to your spouse and to God to make your marriage the top priority over every other human relationship.

My abandonment and neglect issues are my own feelings from this relationship. They are not left-overs from my parents. I've worked through each of my past issues as God brought them to me. I am constantly asking God to bring up an issue for me to deal with if there are any left. God has been showing me that I am here, I have done the work, I am ready, I am walking from glory to glory - but Steve is not here, he has not done the work, he is not ready. We are not evenly yoked. Only God can bring about the "change" in Steve to cause him to hunger and thirst for His righteousness and to begin to act Christ-like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fireproof - The Love Dare

Fireproof - The Love Dare
DVD & workbook (left) and The Love Dare Book (right)